THE BIKE TOUR
Run Racing is excited to announce the 2017 Bike Tour, providing avid and leisure cyclists alike the opportunity to ride one of the most beautiful Bike Tours in Southern California. The Bike Tour starts promptly at 6:00 am. It is a safe, scenic and fully closed 20 mile course. Be a part of the marathon weekend experience with all the perks including a commemorative event shirt, finishers medal, FREE Beer in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden and more! Whether you’re riding for time or simply to enjoy the sights of Long Beach, the Bike Tour is sure to get the Long Beach Marathon and Half Marathon events rollin’.
Experience Long Beach, on a Bike!
- Cruise through 20 miles of the city on closed streets while watching the sun rise
- The Bike Tour starts at 6:00 am
- The Bike Tour is an UN-TIMED event except for those who are doing it as part of the Combo
- Please note that all participants must pick their race items up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 7 or Saturday, October 8. There is absolutely no race day pick-up for Bike Tour participants unless the Race Day Pickup Service was purchased in advance.
- Bib must be worn on your chest at all times
Jax Bicycle Center's Support Stations
- Mechanic support tent at Bike Tour start, opens at 5:00am
- Roaming support to assist cyclist in needs on course
- On-Course Support Tent at Livingston and 2nd Street (around mile 10)
- The use of safety helmets is mandatory – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- It is still dark at the start of the Bike Tour and we encourage all riders to bring a working bike light.
- Only one person per bike, unless the bike is specifically designed as a tandem (both riders must be registered).
- The use of headphones is prohibited for the Bike Tour.
- For safety purposes, parents with kids are asked to line up towards the rear of the pack at the start of the race.
- Three-wheeled Trikke-type Scooters will NOT be allowed on the bike course.
- Please plan on arriving early and ride your bike to the start of the Bike Tour if possible.
- Challenged Athletes using low-sitting hand cycles and those in wheelchairs should compete in the half marathon or marathon events. Please contact us if you are a challenged athlete who wishes to complete the 20-mile Bike Tour.
Bike Corral & Storage
- We provide a secure, monitored, bike corral at no cost for your convenience! No bike locks are necessary to store your bike safely while you enjoy the Finish Line Festival or as you transition to the run in the Bike/Run Combo. Please note that you may not take your bike into the festival area.
- Please bring bike locks to secure your bike if you are not going to use the bike corral.