SHOCK TOP BEACH BUM CLUB
Are You A Beach Bum?
Run the Long Beach Marathon or Half Marathon 3 years in a row and become a member of the Beach Bum Club!
If you’ve run Long Beach full or half in 2015 and 2016, register for the 2017 JetBlue Long Beach Marathon or Half Marathon and you’ll become a member of the Beach Bum Club! Here’s what you get:
- Beach Bum Club shirt
- Special member discounts to future events
- VIP Experience Race Weekend
- Beach Bum Club area adjacent to the Beer Garden
- One free Shock Top Beers
Keep running Long Beach every year and earn rewards for being a loyal participant:
- New rewards every year for those who qualify
- Additional event day benefits including a Shock Top Beach Bum Club members only area adjacent to the beer garden
- One free Shock Top beer
- After 6 consecutive years you will receive a Beach Bum sweatshirt
- After 10 consecutive years, your name will be enshrined on a bench on the Long Beach Run of Fame Bench in Lighthouse Park
Check out Beach Bum membership rules here:
- Beach Bum status will be granted to those participants once they have completed the Long Beach Marathon or Half Marathon for three (3) consecutive years. The Bike Tour and 5K do not count towards Beach Bum Status
- Beach Bum status can be attained with completion of any combination of the Full or Half Marathon
- Participants will be able to qualify in 2017 ONLY for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, or 9th year participation
- Once eligible participants reach their 6th consecutive year, they will receive a hooded Shock Top Beach Bum Club sweatshirt
- Once eligible participants reach their 10th consecutive year, their name will be added to a plaque on that year’s Run of Fame Bench in Lighthouse Park
- Please note that only those would have completed the FULL or HALF marathon will be eligible for this program
- Please note that race results going back beyond 2009 WILL NOT be counted towards this program
- Please note that Beach Bums must personally pick up their own t-shirt. Items will not be mailed to members after the race.